An Upscale Errand Based Service Company that helps you take care of your daily needs so you can find more time to focus on other important things as they arise.
Search This Blog
Wednesday, 5 August 2015
These Guys Are 5 Times Busier Than You Ever think, But see How They Manage to keep Themselves refreshed round the clock.You too can do better!
Photograph: Alicia Canter Alicia Canter/Alicia Canter
On a Sunday morning I pile up my work and stay in bed. It's the
perfect combination of productivity and relaxation. And if I decide to
do what I should be doing more of – unplugging my iPads and laptops –
I'm ready at a moment's notice to fall into a nap
Photograph: David Levene /David Levene
I learned to delegate from a young age. Actually removing myself from
the office has helped me look for the next big venture. I try to
exercise every day – whether it is a swim, a game of tennis or a
kite-surf when on Necker island. Manage the BlackBerry, don't let it
manage you. The key is to do it in bursts and not to let it dominate
your day. Speak to people – I do get a lot of emails every day and try
to answer as many as I can; but I also believe that you need to speak to
people. It can save you and them a lot of time. And write it down – I
carry notebooks wherever I go to jot down thoughts and notes. You can't
beat pen and paper.
Photograph: Karen Robinson /Karen Robinson
I find that being awake between 3am and 4am is hugely fruitful.
Half-formed thoughts that manifested themselves previously only as
anxieties have a chance to become conscious. This is the time for making
lists and writing books.
Photograph: Getty Images /Getty Images
I move incredibly quickly. I usually complete a non-studio day in
trainers and a gym kit, dragging poor children around like teeny
ducklings trying to keep up. I respond almost immediately to all emails
as I can't bear a backlog. I'm not a perfectionist. I love getting
things done more than I love tidying up their edges (as my washing-up
will testify).
Photograph: Linda Nylind
The ability to recall facts and give speeches from memory are two of
the most important weapons in a politician's arsenal. Each day
I am pummelled with new information, but rarely do I get the chance to
commit it to memory. There are two moments where I have the time to do
that – the twice-weekly 7am run and the tube ride into Westminster. The
iPhone is key to both. I use it to record most of my meetings, then play
it back on my jog and the tube, memorising the key points. Another
recent revelation has been the Flipboard app. When I'm packed like a
sardine on the Victoria line, I can just about find enough space quickly
to scan articles and tweets it has downloaded from across the world on
the issues I tell it I care about.
Photograph: Katherine Rose Katherine Rose/Katherine Rose
Sleep is very important to me and I would rather plan to rise early
to do an extra hour of urgent productive work than sit up into the small
hours. Common sense, perhaps, but it's sometimes important consciously
to diarise thinking time rather than feeling like a helpless passenger
rattling through days of back-to-back meetings. I swear by my BlackBerry
for noting thoughts whenever they come and for keeping on top of
emails. I'm using it now. But I've had to train myself to learn when to
leave it and its owner alone to recharge.
Photograph: Rex /Rex
Don't get stressed about being late. It's inevitable. Snap at anyone
who calls at 8.35am – the toughest time of the day (this is as effective
with prime ministers as it is with telephone salespeople). Get your
husband or partner to cook. And shop. Get off the bus or tube a stop
early and walk the last stretch to work – it helps if it's Green Park.
Photograph: Rex /Rex
One major goal at a time is enough. If you try to do too many things
at once, you'll end up failing on several fronts. I try to focus on big
decisions and eliminate trivialities. The other thing I believe in is
delegation. You have to trust the talented people you hire to do their
job and take responsibility.
Photograph: David Levene /David Levene
I have recently learned a new word – it is: "NO!" It is proving
incredibly useful in parrying the constant demands that are made of a
bloke who turns up regularly in people's living rooms on the television.
Psychotherapy; a happy home life; that word "No!"; a cycle-dependent
life – I try them all. My ultimate life-saver is retreat to the wilds
But what happens if the wretched broadband fails?
Photograph: Rex /Rex
I was a mother at 25 and a director of a major bank in the City at
28. I went on to have six children, one of whom fought a 10-year battle
against leukaemia and lost. I learned very early on that the only way to
survive and get everything done was to delegate, and to treat the
people who worked with me properly so they would stay long-term. Our
first nanny stayed for 10 years and the second for five. We had the same
housekeeper for 16 years. Now I don't need so much help, but the
importance of delegation remains with me and I do the same at work. It
is still the case that the burden of making sure the family has a home
that is clean and tidy and a fridge that is full tends to fall on
the mother, even if she works, so I need to be ultra-organised. I don't
write lists, but I have them in my head.
Photograph: Murdo MacLeod /Murdo MacLeod
My secret is lots of sleep. If I get less than five hours, I bore and
depress myself and others. But my favourite new trick is to remove the
battery from my BlackBerry and hide it.
Photograph: Amit Lennon
Seven PAs keep me going around the clock. It starts at 8am, and
finishes about 12am. I dictate everything while playing with toy
helicopters, remote-controlled cars and plastic spoons. At night, I go
home carrying a multicoloured laundry bag full of papers, filed in a
manner incomprehensible to everyone – including myself. So I hold tight a
little book full of lists, which I add to at 4am. My joy is to use a
felt-tip and colour out completed tasks.
Photograph: Sarah Lee
I play the piano every morning for at least 20 minutes. Not just
tinkering but forcing myself to concentrate on learning a piece –
lessons and all. It settles the mind, calms the spirit, blots out the
BlackBerry and generally sets me up for the day.
Photograph: Linda Nylind Linda Nylind/Linda Nylind
I have computers, phones and tablets around my house, car and
newsroom. I don't switch the phone off on holiday because the mountain
to get through afterwards would be too horrendous. And, yes, it drives
my family mad. Now that most newspapers put the next day's main stories
online late at night, you can get ahead of the game by spending a bit of
time on the websites before bed. I can only truly relax by doing
something that involves my total concentration. I used to go scuba
diving because it takes the full, undivided power of my brain just to
stay alive. Since having children I've rediscovered dreaming of rock
stardom. There's nothing like learning a song on the guitar and belting
it out at the top of your voice to drown out thoughts of work. I can
always feel myself smiling when I do it.
Photograph: Murdo MacLeod /Murdo MacLeod
I have a list. And though I am a sucker for lovely stationery, in the search for organisation and clarity, I rip away each day.
Photograph: Antonio Olmos / Antonio Olmos
I go for a long run and mull things over, listening to techno or
house music. It's a great way to think about the previous week, the
following week, food ideas and new dishes.
Photograph: Felix Clay /Felix Clay
It's hard when your kids are small and need constant attention, but
time opens up as they get older and want you around but at a distance.
Which is how I have been able to add marathon training and piano
practice to my Saturday routine. But shopping to cook and then
"creating" in the kitchen has always been my weekend relaxation.
Now that You know better, why don't you try out one or two of these helpful tips and apply them to your daily life activity.
Please help us Share this content with your Friends and don't forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/quickerrands
You can also Share your thoughts and comments with us lets know what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment